Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"Comic Book lettering that I love"

I release that comic book font is a no-no but I have to admit that this was my first and most memorable exposure to typography, especially decorative type.  One decorative style type used to create one of the most enduring (according to me) comic book character's logo can be found at the following: http://www.aquamanshrine.com/2009/06/aquaman-logos.html and seen below: 

Yes, I realize that it is for Aquaman and he has been lampooned in the media as being the joke of the superhero community because he "talks to fish".  to a kid who could not swim and wanted to he was the greatest!  Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and Green Arrow all had talents/abilities a young middle class boy could not readily aquire (the ability to fly, access to millions of dollars, a green power ring and little blue friends and a bow and arrow (parents frowned on weapons).

So, yes I am an Aquaman fan and I love his logo.....

No comments:

Post a Comment