Wednesday, March 16, 2011

"Some of the most controversial magazne covers of all time..."

While I was researching editorial covers for project three, I came across the link http://www.webdesignerdepot.com/2009/09/the-most-controversial-magazine-covers-of-all-time/ and was amazed at what they thought was controversial...


The LeBron and Gisele cover is supposed to be controversial because of the underlying racial connotations related the violent black man and King Kong deal (don't quite see that but could see the whole mandingo fantasy working here though).

Clinton's cover, because its a crotch shot, taa daa!!!!!


These two I'm struggling with.  Demi's cover is very beautiful in its depiction of motherhood (I choose to say this instead of womanhood because bearing children does not denote a woman's worth she is a woman regardless of having children or not...I am now off my soapbox).  As for the KD Lang and Cindy Crawford cover, I wanted to be in KD's place (envy plan and simple).


These final two are, yeah, controversial... The Economist cover is wrong, funny as hell, but tragically wrong.  The Rolling Stone cover is controversial because it has Yoko in it.


No comments:

Post a Comment